F18...Firefox is crazy about passwords

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:09:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 23:05 +0100, antonio wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
> 08/02/2013 23:02:
> > On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 22:41 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> >> Since yesterday I am experiencing problems in password management, most
> >> stored password are not recognized, and if if I digit password by hands
> >> they are not recognized.
> >> Any help???? (I cannot access to Amazon, etc, etc...)
> >
> > Has your keyboard map changed? Check that you can type correctly into a
> > terminal session, including upper-case, numbers, symbols etc. (e.g. try
> > typing your password as long as no-one is looking).
> >
> > poc
> >

> keyboard map is o.k, I am using Firefox 18.0.2, and I am experiencing
> same problems also in Windows!!!

So it's unlikely to be the password store (unless you use an online one
like LastPass). What about other browsers (Chrome etc.)?

Try a different machine to make sure your passwords haven't been changed
(e.g. by an intruder).

Try the same keyboard on a different machine if possible. Could be a kb
hardware problem.

poc