help needed to start java/eclipse app on F17

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 12:23:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Device
>         at gplx.gfui.Gfui_kit_.key_(Unknown Source)
>         at gplx.xowa.Xoa_gui_mgr.Invk(Unknown Source)

After I also wasn't able to get it into working state, I had a quick
look at the internals.

The application expects the swt library to be placed in
bin/linux/swt/swt.jar and does hardcode the classpath, so that manual
adaptions are not possible. Its nowhere written in the readme, I had
to dig into the jar file manifest.

Once you are past that issue, it will complain about swt-xulrunner missing.

Actually it seems the author basically does not handle any
dependencies related to linux.
However by hardcoding the classpath, the developer even makes it
impossible for users to point xowa to the right files by hand.

If you have time, please file a bug-report about this at xowa.

Regards, Clemens