boot menu (F17)

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:56:05 UTC 2013

Hello people,

on a couple of macines with Fedora 17 a boot menu shows up, containing 4
issues and the system that will be booted will work ONLY if I choose the
third issue (Fedora Desktop)

In case I leave the selection on the default issue (Kernel something) the
monitor will remain black as if there is a problem with the video card

What are those boot issues ? Why are they there ? What´s the difference
between the "Fedora desktop" voice and the others ?

Can I fix it so that the working voice 8fedora Desktop) will be the default
choice so the machine can boot without me selecting the third voice at the
boot ?

Thanks
Cato