LibreOffice version 4

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Feb 10 23:40:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 09:40:02AM +1100, Roger wrote:

>    <snip>
>
>      There's no whining and trolling, and nobody hates Libroffice.
>      It's a discussion about facts which affect real life. When you have to
>      present at University/College, you urgently want your presentation to
>      have the same (=100% identical) look it had when you developed
>      it. Although Libreoffice and Microsoft Office are format-compatible,
>      layouts and formattings often don't look the same.
>      And this *is* a problem. A real one.
>
>    </snip>
>    I have to agree.
>    For me, this has been an ongoing problem for years. OpenOffice and now
>    LibreOffice both have not formatted well when processing or producing word
>    docs.
>    Roger

there ARE some settings in OOo (and I assume LO, not having looked for
them) that restore some compatibilty with Word in areas of adding horizontal
and vertical spacing in various places. My (limited) expereience with them
is that they get you a lot closer to the pagination Word gives.

Ah, in LO 4.0, check TOOLS | OPTIONS | LIBRE OFFICE WRITER | COMPATIBILITY
where there are several options for controlling such things.