Terminal tabs, how to remove -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 11 22:21:33 UTC 2013

On 02/11/2013 04:16 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/11/2013 12:58 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>
>>         Can the tab function be removed or disabled in the F-18 XFCE
>>         terminal? I don't see anything in the Preferences and I would
>>         prefer it wasn't there.
>
> If you're referring to tab completion, that's not a function of the
> terminal; it's part of bash.  I don't know if it can be disabled, but
> whatever terminal you're using isn't involved.

            I'm referring to tabs in the terminal as in Firefox tabs!
            And with 12 work spaces open and then a mix of tabs in each
            one I will quickly go into cerebral overload! I've already
            brought tabs up accidentally and it led to confusion for me.
            Does not seem like a good idea to me ...

            Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7   Fedora-18 Linux