Video problem with Thinkpad T60 under Fedora-18

Darton Williams dartonw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:26:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>wrote:

> When I wake my Thinkpad from sleep -
> whether entered by closing the lid or from the f-Menu -
> the screen starts flashing every second or so,
> and I have to close down by pressing the power button,
> and re-start the laptop.
>
> The video card is Radeon - AMD/ATI M52 [Mobility Radeon X1300].
> I didn't install any non-Fedora driver for this.
> Maybe I should?

Issues with suspend/resume can be difficult to troubleshoot; it wouldn't
hurt to at least try the proprietary driver for your video card. I would
suggest akmod-catalyst, available from RPM Fusion (see
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/18/x86_64/repoview/akmod-catalyst.htmlfor
Fedora 18). If it doesn't help, you can always reinstall the original
radeon driver.

Best,

Darton