Custom Partition Fedora 18

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Feb 15 10:28:41 UTC 2013

On 14/02/2013 23:26, Jim wrote:
> Fedora 18
>
> Why for HEAVENS did they change the custom partitioning in F18 from the
> F17 and previous versions ?
>
> Is there a Tutorial for Custom Partitioning for Fedora 18 ?

Ctrl+Alt+F2
fdisk /dev/<your_disk>

Dumbing down of installation time partitioning customization since
Fedora 11 (not to mention it's complete removal in text-mode install,
which I thought was quite enfuriating, doubly so when it filtered down
into RHEL6 to boot) has certainly not been a welcome change for those of
us who know what we are doing. The argument from the maintainers has
been that if you are that hung up about it you should be creating a
kickstart configuration file and sorting it out from there. I imagine it
is about 9 releases too late to complain about it.

Good luck.

Gordan