Runlevel 3 after fedup

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 21:27:34 UTC 2013

Oops, I seem to have misread the original post.  I was under the
impression that you weren't getting a login prompt at all, but upon
rereading I see you said:

> After upgrade from 17 to 18 with fedup and installing all the updates I was
> unable to login as any user other than root. When I tried I was greeted with
> the message: "System is booting up".

So you get a normal login prompt, just nobody else but root can login?
 That's probably not systemd.

But in case I was correct:

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM,  <ellis at spinics.net> wrote:
>> Do you get a login prompt if you switch VTs from graphical mode (e.g.
>> CTRL+ALT+F[2-6])?
>
> Yes.
>
>> What is the output of:
>> systemctl show default.target
>

> Id=multi-user.target
<snip>

Okay that looks good. Does
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty at tty1.service exist?

If not, do:
ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty at tty1.service

Then try booting into runlevel 3 again.

-T.C.