Custom Partition Fedora 18

jonc jonc at downfromthetrees.com
Mon Feb 18 22:57:38 UTC 2013

On 02/18/2013 04:49 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> ...the people who really do think that everybody should love Gnome 3
> because they do are providing a disproportionate percentage of the
> comments on it... and that some of the Gnome 3 devs (being human)
> listen more to what they want to hear than to anything else.  No
> conspiracy, just people being people.

I don't think we can know the total number of people commenting on Gnome
3.  Even if we could, we have no way of knowing the total number of
people using Gnome 3, or what they think of it. People who go online to
comment are only representative of themselves.

I'd rather all developers pay little attention to anecdotal user
comments and rely, instead, on focused, organized, professional user
testing efforts.  Those are rare in FOSS because developers often don't
like to do things like that.