Custom Partition Fedora 18

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Feb 19 04:26:38 UTC 2013

On 02/18/2013 08:06 PM, jonc wrote:
> The old Anaconda is easy only because we all used it so much.  It's
> little more than a wrapper around parted.  So, if you don't already know
> how to partition a system, it really isn't that easy.  No installer that
> exposes manual partitioning is, or can be.

AIUI, even people who know what they're doing have had trouble with
partitioning in the new anaconda, especially with keeping partitions
from being reformatted.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but that
figuring out how to do it isn't anywhere near as clear as it was before.
  Of course, I've not used it, so I'm only going by other people's reports.