Odd Question, Wifi

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 20:40:05 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 03:13 PM, JOYCE POLZIN wrote:

> Is there any way a Unsecure Wifi connection,  one can determine how to
> contact the owner about his connection.
>
> I can't visualise how , but I just thought I would just ask.
> --
> What do you want to do?  Wardrive around your neighborhood and then
> start knocking on doors?
> You will probably get arrested as in many locals I believe that
> wardriving has been outlawed.

No I'm not a Wardriver, I just think the guy shouldn't be using a
Unsecured AP,  It leads to nothing but trouble down the road, when a
hacker logs on to his open AP and starts hacking the Dept of Defence and
the FBI shows up at his door one day and takes his computer and
everything connected to it.

I do have some very good neighbours and hate to see one hauled off to
jail for something he wasn't aware of.