Fedora 18 and network

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Feb 20 21:38:18 UTC 2013

Am 20.02.2013 22:10, schrieb Juan Orti Alcaine:
> network.service is the old SysV scripts, it is disabled by default.
> NetworkManager.service is the default in Fedora

and nobody needs NM for workstations with static IP's

i maintain 20 production servers, a couple of test-setups
and a ahndful of workstations - none of them is using
networkmanager because have fun with NM and bridges and
NIC-bonding and additionally to the fact i like no
overhead on my systems i like have them all as much identical
as possible