Fedora 18 and network

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Feb 21 00:30:24 UTC 2013

On 02/21/13 08:20, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 04:05 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> If you have "Manual" or "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only" with DNS servers defined in the NM configuration and your resolv.conf file is getting written with 0.0.0.0 then you've hit a bug.  One would hope you've filed a bugzilla.
>
> I've got the interface set completely manual, with a static (non-routable) IP so that I can use port forwarding on the router.  I specify the DNS, gateway and so on, but when NM was active, it would overwrite resolv.conf at every boot, zeroing out the DNS.  I've been doing it this way for so long that I honestly don't remember if I filed a bugzilla, but if I did, it was probably for F14 and eventually closed as WONTFIX.

If you filed a bugzilla, and it was closed as "WONTFIX" then it should still be broken.  If you are talking about a problem with F14 and now we are on F18 then it would be a good idea if you bring this up as a problem you could verify, or at least try to verify, that the problem still exists.

As I said, I haven't run into the issue on any of the systems I've tested.

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.