Is it possible to have finger print authentication in F18?

Frédéric Bron frederic.bron at m4x.org
Thu Feb 21 06:09:44 UTC 2013

I have a fingerprint reader and F18. The fingerprint reader does not
seem to be installed automatically with F18.
What should I do? What packages should I install?
My reader is: Bus 002 Device 004: ID 147e:1001 Upek TCS5B Fingerprint sensor

I found that with yum but that's a lot and I do not know what to choose:

liblastfm-fingerprint.i686 : Liblastfm fingerprint library
liblastfm-fingerprint.x86_64 : Liblastfm fingerprint library
arp-scan.x86_64 : Scanning and fingerprinting tool
chromaprint-tools.x86_64 : Chromaprint audio fingerprinting tools
fpdns.noarch : Fingerprint DNS servers
fprintd.x86_64 : D-Bus service for Fingerprint reader access
fprintd-pam.i686 : PAM module for fingerprint authentication
fprintd-pam.x86_64 : PAM module for fingerprint authentication
ike-scan.x86_64 : IKE protocol tool to discover, fingerprint and test
IPsec VPN servers
libchromaprint.i686 : Library implementing the AcoustID fingerprinting
libchromaprint.x86_64 : Library implementing the AcoustID fingerprinting
libexttextcat-tools.x86_64 : Tool for creating custom document fingerprints
libfprint.i686 : Toolkit for fingerprint scanner
libfprint.x86_64 : Toolkit for fingerprint scanner
libofa.i686 : Open Fingerprint Architecture library
libofa.x86_64 : Open Fingerprint Architecture library
p0f.x86_64 : Versatile passive OS fingerprinting tool
perl-Digest-BubbleBabble.noarch : Create bubble-babble fingerprints
python-acoustid.noarch : Python bindings for Chromaprint acoustic
fingerprinting and the Acoustid API
xprobe2.x86_64 : Xprobe2 is an active operating system fingerprinting tool

Frédéric