openjdk with fedora 18/firefox 19

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Feb 24 12:43:58 UTC 2013

Am 24.02.2013 09:27, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> simple:
>> nobody needs java applets
>> anybody who requries java applets on his website is an idiot
>> this was 10 years ago teh same as now and in the future
>
> so you know better than the RedHat people working on icedtea-web?

did i say that?

Redhat is working on "icedtea-web" becasue some self-called
professionals out there built crap using java applets and
combined them often with vendor-lockins

i am working since more than 10 years in the IT as developer
und sysadmin and no there was never a need to have a java
plugin on my linux-workstation - only java for eclipse