Scaling

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 03:40:17 UTC 2013

On 02/24/2013 10:30 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:

> Are you talking about the desktop background image?  I think that's a
> function of which desktop you are using.  I use KDE, and nothing has
> changed -- you just right click on the background, choose "Default
> Desktop Settings" then choose (or open) the image, then pick  the
> "scaled" option.  I don't know how it's done in Gnome.
>
> Or do you mean the splash screen? I haven't played with that...
>
> billo
>
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Richard Vickery wrote:
>
>> In 17 there was an easy way to scale a photo for a background to the
>> screen. In Fedora 18 this ease is gone. Is
>> there a way to scale a photo to fit the screen without the ease of a
>> button that I can do on my own?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richard

Well I cannot speak for Mr. Vickery, but I was talking about the little
button that was visible when you chose an image to become your desktop
background in Gnome, this button gave you the options of
Fill.....Center.....Tile......Span......Stretch etc the image you chose.
It seems that as of F18 that's al changed? or was it changed within an
update, because I seem to recall being able to do it! But with the
button gone, when you select a picture, there's no way to scale it or
stretch it or ANYTHING....all you have is the picture, and if it's not
displayed properly you're pretty much "fluffed"!....

WGO II