Installing Fedora 18 with prexisting fedora 17 partitions

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 25 14:48:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 07:15 +1100, Stephen Morris wrote:
> I have all sorts of problems installing the
> proprietary nvidia driver from the rpmfusion directories as the install
> does not remove the nouveau driver from the initrd

This has been covered on this list before. You need to add
"rdblacklist=nouveau" to your kernel command line; that prevents the
nouveau driver from being loaded out of the initrd. That's
in /etc/default/grub, then run "grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg"
to make it effective. For old grub, edit "/boot/grub/grub.conf"

--Greg