F18: why isn't /etc/sysconfig/i18n (and why '/etc/locale.conf')?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:16:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:27:44 -0500
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> This is something we can all agree with.  The problem is that finding the
> balance in practice turns out to be quite hard to do.

Not really, it is quite easy to do: if it is an entirely gratuitous
and cosmetic change, then don't do it. The hard part is restraining
the developers who think they are contributing useful work when
all they are doing is making life hell for all the people trying
to get real work done and have better things to do than dig
through every blog and mailing list in the universe to try and
discover what pointless change is being made next.