System Error After Upgrade to latest Kernel.....3.7.9-201.fc18.i686

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 26 20:17:31 UTC 2013

Am 26.02.2013 21:11, schrieb Stephen Morris:
>> The GUIs are rarely interactive, enough.  If it's going to tell me that
>> there's updates available, I want to see a list, not just a total
>> number.  I want to click on items in that list, and find out what they
>> are.  And I want to be able to click on some items and skip them.  The
>> software install/update GUI tool on Ubuntu, annoying as it was, was far
>> better than the one on Fedora.
> Just my 2 cents worth. I don't know which gui you are using but if I'm using a gui tool I use Yumex, which provides
> all the capabilities you are mentioning here by default. What is annoying for me is that doing what you are asking
> for is its default mode on start up and I haven't been able to find a way of change that default behavior.

yum remove Packagekit\*
and all this useless GUI crap is gone

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i packagekit
[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/cron.daily/check-updates.cron
#!/bin/bash
yum_output=`LANG=C; yum -q check-update`
echo $yum_output | xargs | sed 's/ updates//g' | tr -d '\n'

and voila, if there are updates you get a mail to notify
you what apckages are available and "yum upgrade" is your
friend