mounting NFS directory with read write access

Michael E. Maher michael at maheronline.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 18:35:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 11:57 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Thanks again, Michael!

No problems :-)

> I think this may well be the problem. The server is a RHEL and has the
> following for ID:
>
> uid=34533(maitra) gid=101(Domain Users) groups=101(Domain Users),100287
> (dirusers)
>
> That last is the group for me an user.
>
> I am not sure how possible it is to change the owner on the remote
> server (not sure what it will affect).

Ah, that would be the problem then. The two accounts need the same
'uid'. You'll have to think about the best way to solve this in your
case. Maybe the easiest way would be to change the uid/gid of the user
on the client system and chown your files with the new uid/gid (just
make sure you have access to another account on the system, otherwise
you could lock yourself out).

Thanks,
Michael