mounting NFS directory with read write access

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Feb 27 21:05:32 UTC 2013

Am 27.02.2013 22:01, schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:17:56 -0430 Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> the user does NOT need a login-session for sshfs/scp/sftp
>>> 100% for sure his does not, my boss has "/sbin/nologin" as
>>> shell and sftp access with WinSCP like any other sftp/scp client
>>
>> I didn't say he needed a login session. I said he needed a login
>> *account*, i.e. a passwd entry that assigns him a UID. Unless of course
>> the server allows unauthenticated connections, but nothing in the OP's
>> description implies that (or even that the server is running sshd at
>> all).
>
> Hi,
>
> I do have login access as an user, and the server does allow ssh in. I
> just wanted to be able to mount the directory

yum install fuse-sshfs

/etc/fstab (ONE LINE! example, mount-point needs to be created before)
sshfs#harry at testserver:/www-servers  /mnt/testserver  fuse  noauto,user,rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=harry,gid=users
su -
mkdir /mnt/testserver
chown harry /mnt/testserver
exit

"mount /mnt/testserver" as user NOT as root
only you are able to see the moint-points content, even not root
and if you are using ssh-keys they are also used here