Why does Fedora 18 hate me? (solved!)

William Murray bill.murray at cern.ch
Thu Feb 28 08:35:37 UTC 2013

On 22/02/13 01:16, poma wrote:
> On 02/21/13 21:47, William Murray wrote:
>>    Sorry for the title...but F18 is REALLY sick.
>> I posted under  "Freeze failures with F18" but no-one tried answered.
> […]
>
> "The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor
> will light our distro and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire
> can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Fedorian: ask not what your
> distro can do for you - ask what you can do for your distro."
>

> Cheers,
> poma

Apologies to all,
  Fedora doesn't hate me, Nvidia does. The problem was 'bumblebee' was
stuck and refusing
to unload. I debugged this when I realised that there is a log file
pm-suspend.log. This told
me the script and the line number where it was hanging, and I was able
to add printout in there.

Somehow I did not have this rpm: xorg-x11-server-common
and when I add it (and remove+reinstall bumlbee) all is well again.

    Cheers!
          Bill

--
Bill Murray                     ----                       ATLAS
STFC RAL at: Bat 40 4-C28, CERN,1211 Meyrin, Geneve 23, Switzerland