many crashes of X server, what should I investigate?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jan 1 22:00:26 UTC 2013

On 01/01/2013 01:42 PM, Frédéric Bron wrote:
> Many times, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace does not work, also Ctrl+Alt+F[1-9]
> does not work either so that I cannot even start a terminal session to
> see what happens.

I've been having the same issue, using F16 and Xfce.  I have the Magic
SysRq keys active, but when this happens they don't work.  I have an
older system, with the MoBo maxed out at 1 GB RAM, and I've been working
under the assumption that it's getting a tad too cramped.  Alas, I can't
currently afford to upgrade so I'm doing the best with what I have.  If
anybody has any ideas for either of us, please let us know!