blacklisting domains for yum?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jan 2 01:31:43 UTC 2013

On 01/02/2013 08:19 AM, Joel Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> Allegedly, on or about 29 December 2012, Joel Rees sent:
>>> I'm beginning to think the ISP has throttled me for yum.
>> Could just be the time of the year, with more traffic than usual.
> Definitely a possibility, particularly considering the timing. New
> Year's morning here was impossible.
>
> But not for the whole net.
>
> Read in the newspapers there were some attacks in progress in the
> Chinese segment around that time, so that might have also been part of
> it.

I live in Taiwan and work with folks in China.  No problems for me to connect and transfer files.  Also, my wife watches streaming video from China and she has had no problems during the times you were citing.  I avoided making any comments at that time since this lists isn't a forum for political or country bashing.  Even though they may not comment on this list, please note that folks in countries being bashed do read this list and some of them may take offense.