Boot with 1.44" Floppy, then net install from thumb drive?

M de Luis gimme_the_giffs at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 03:48:15 UTC 2013

My old NEC Versa P440 laptop computer has no working CD drive, and can't boot off a USB thumb drive. It does have a USB connected 1.44" floppy drive that came with a rescue disk, so I believe that it may be able to boot off that.

Okay then, how do I make a 1.44" Linux boot disk (boot/ root pair?) with enough USB capability to let me mount a USB thumb drive, one loaded with a Net based Fedora installation iso? Bit confused about how I might invoke the USB stick's Network based installation then, should I actually manage to get a boot a basic system up from floppies?

Please, just vague ideas are all that's really required. If there are any relevant links with which I could be very gratefully provisioned, then I'm sure to realize a solution, provided that one may be possible in this case.

T. :-)