yum in the tarpits (was Re: blacklisting domains for yum?)

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:39:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 23:24:05 +0900
Joel Rees wrote:

> Do we have problems in the mirrors, or has my database for
> updates/primary_db gone wonky?

I once had big problems with one particular mirror, apparently
due to some router on the path between me and that mirror
(which is when I learned about fastest mirror being able
to blacklist things :-). I just kept blacklisting mirrors
till one worked well. (Since then I have gotten new versions
of fedora and not bothered to save the blacklist so whatever
problem I had before seems to be gone).