F17: no keyboard response, mouse/trackpad okay, can ssh in

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jan 3 16:37:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 09:15:32 -0500,
   "Darryl L. Pierce" <mcpierce at gmail.com> wrote:

>Do you see excessive or constant hard disk activity at that time? I get
>into similar states now and then with my laptop, and it's always
>accompanied by constant hard disk activity. No ideas on what is causing
>it, though.

This might be a kernel issue. I have been occasionally seeing this for
at least a couple of months, so it probably came in with 3.6. I didn't
have a way to consitently reproduce this and am not sure exactly when it
started, so I didn't report this upstream. I do remember seeing a kernel
issue reported somewhere that looked like it might be the cause. So it
might be being worked on.