laptops with 1200 vertical resolution

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Jan 3 16:58:55 UTC 2013

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:41:06 -0600 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Dale Dellutri <daledellutri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Ranjan Maitra
> > <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I will be in the market for a laptop pretty soon, and would like to
> >> find a laptop with 1200 vertical resolution (at the very least). I
> >> looked around a couple of websites (Dell, Toshiba, Thinkpad) some but
> >> was unable to spot much (did not look at everything). Are these
> >> available anymore? What would you recommend?
> >
> > It's pretty easy to google this:
> >   laptop 1920x1200
> > For example, this result
> >   http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/38302133
> > laments the unavailability of 1920x1200 and mentions
> > two previously produced laptops with that resolution.
> > I'm sure you could still get them refurbished.
>
> Unless it also has a really large screen I didn't like my last
> workstation laptop that had 1900x1200 resolution. Everything was tiny
> and my eyes aren't that old yet :)

I guess the story is that there is no high-vertical resolution
available yet. Confirms what I have also found.

IMO, high vertical resolutions are very useful for reading documents and
editing and bug-fixing code. Not having them anymore is a real
disappointment.

Ranjan
--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional