laptops with 1200 vertical resolution

Joe Wulf joe_wulf at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 19:07:10 UTC 2013

I second that motion of having a computer function as a computer.  I had the opportunity when buying my latest laptop to go with something older and less capable, but having a decent screen resolution of 1920x1200 or a newer, more capable model with LESS resolution.  Unfortunately, the FAD a television-like computer was far more important to the bean-counters than the stability of decent resolution.  Not that I'm bitter, either!  In the end I went with the higher-end newer model laptop.  My Dell Alienware M18x is an excellent machine with the only real flaw was the loss of meaningfully invaluable screen real-estate.  Sadly, it was done by Dell in the name of fashion and silly (in)conveinence, vice common-sense.