laptops with 1200 vertical resolution

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Fri Jan 4 15:29:50 UTC 2013

On 01/03/2013 04:52 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will be in the market for a laptop pretty soon, and would like to
> find a laptop with 1200 vertical resolution (at the very least). I
> looked around a couple of websites (Dell, Toshiba, Thinkpad) some but
> was unable to spot much (did not look at everything). Are these
> available anymore? What would you recommend?

Laptop resolution of more than 1920x1080 is almost extinct.
Damned HDTV economy of scale is killing any other format.

We can only hope things will change because:
1) apple ipad 3/4 and samsung nexus 10 may awake other companies
2) HDTV will move to 4k, after wasting some time with 3D
3) smartphones have reached 1920x1080 and going to surpass laptops

If only we could stop saying "HD screen" and instead
call it "2.0 megapixels"...
The megapixels war worked on cameras...

See also:
https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/ByVPmsSeSEG