How to disable NMI watchdog?

Subhas Sing subhas_sing at live.com
Sat Jan 5 00:24:29 UTC 2013

Hello, I am trying to install vmware server in Fedora 16. I tried to disable NMI watchdog kernel parameter. Can anybody please let me know how do it ? I followed following procedure but without success!!
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/nmi_watchdog If you get a '1', then the feature is enabled  and must be turned off or VMs will mysteriously crash. To turn off  nmi_watchdog is different for Fedora 15 and Fedora 16: [5] Fedora 15: Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and add “nmi_watchdog=0” to the kernel line.[5] Fedora 16: Edit /etc/default/grub and add “nmi_watchdog=0” to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX. Then run:
# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg”
to rebuild the grub configuration.
Now, reboot the system and check the /proc/sys/kernel/nmi_watchdog parameter again to make sure you see a '0'.
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1891427

Thanks,Subhas