Something went wrong.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:47:01 UTC 2013

On 01/05/2013 12:57 PM, antonio wrote:
> Joe Zeff ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 11/12/2012
> 22:19:
>> On 12/11/2012 01:07 PM, antonio wrote:
>>>>
>>> I have a doubt on this subject....if the error is before login, where
>>> shall I get the .xsession-errors file???
>>
>> A new version of the file is created when you start an X session, but it
>> isn't deleted when you log out.  Thus, if you log into a text console
>> before starting X, you'll still have the list of errors from your last
>> GUI session and that may have the info you need.  If you prefer not to
>> examine it in text mode, use this to change the name before going back
>> to your regular login screen:
>>
>> mv .xsession-errors errors.txt
>>
>> This will not only keep it from being overwritten, it will change it
>> from a hidden file to a regular one, making it easier to to find in your
>> file manager.
>
> I had experienced this problem this morning after a month!!! but as it
> happens before any login, let's say when boot procedure is completed
> but before the login window, what shall I do to complete the debug??
> (or shall i wait F18 to make a clean install??)
>
> Tnx for help again

As someone who's experienced my fair share of Fedora issues, my advice
would be to wait for Fedora 18 which will be available soon, the logic
behind this decision is: you will probably not experience the problem
you're having now......and you'll also have the chance to use something
that will be around for a while. Just my two cents...

EGO II