laptops with 1200 vertical resolution - went off topic about out-of-date computer systems

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun Jan 6 18:59:23 UTC 2013

On 01/06/2013 08:35 AM, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> Fedora 11 is the last version that I've tried on the
>>> laptop that runs well, but I don't really like it.

Perhaps a "rolling upgrade" system, like PCLinuxOs would solve some of the
problems you mentioned with updating Fedora. There are various GUIs
available for PCLOS, so one of them should please you.

BTW, I'm with you--I really doubt that your system is likely to be
infected--
the nasties are all written for Windows. Nobody spends time writing
infections
for a system with only 2 0r 3 percent of the market. (Nor counting servers--
those folks pay special attention to infections, even if they never find
any!)

--doug