bluetooth connection between two computers using pand with Fedora 17: connection failed

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Jan 6 23:23:10 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple bluetooth connection using pand with Fedora 17.
I followed these two links:

http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN

And ran, on the server:
pand --listen --role=NAP

And on the client-side
pand --connect btAddressOfServer

I see this on the client side:
Connecting to 00:23:4E:E5:70:3A
Bluetooth: Unexpected continuation frame (len 0)
Bluetooth: Unexpected continuation frame (len 0)
bluetoothd[602]: input-headset driver probe failed for device 00:23:4E:E5:70:3A
input-headset driver probe failed for device 00:23:4E:E5:70:3A
Connect to 00:23:4E:E5:70:3A failed. Operation now in progress(115)
I also activated hcidump and it did not show something which might be
considered as an error.

Did anybody tried it and it worked for him ?
Any ideas what can be the problem?

When I try to switch sides I get the same problem.

I use fedora 17 with these rpms:
bluez-4.99-2.fc17.x86_64
bluez-compat-4.99-2.fc17.x86_64

rgs
Kevin

Kevin,

Were you able to get F17 to use bluetooth ?  I would like to try to
connect my F17 laptop to my Android, and to a headset, but have not even
been able to get bluetooth to become active on my Hp Pavillion
g7-1117cl.

Greg