OT - wire tester

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 7 22:32:18 UTC 2013

> My brother-in-law just called for help; his Test-um TP600 (discontinued)
> just died.

the "test-um tp600" is still available.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Test-um+TP600%22

> It has suited his needs to a tee but now he needs something
> new.  Something with similar functionality and cost.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=t568+tester

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=t568%20cable%20tester

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22t568+cable+tester%22

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22t568+modular+cable+tester%22

yes. i quit using google due to their tracking and have found
duckduckgo does just as well, if not better than google.

> He said I recommended this to him some eons ago when I was informed
> about test equipment.  I haven't done that stuff for years.  So are
> there any recommendations on what others use?

before things got fancy with lcd readout, i started with, and still use,
a 4 led readout on transmitter and 4 led readout on receiver, that has
proved it self for the fortunately few times that i made wiring errors.

progressive electronics, inc.
mesa, az

model 468 modular cable tester

--