Default mailto application on Fedora 17

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 8 13:35:09 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 01:56 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
<>

> So, I've given up on finding how/where default applications information
> is kept and/or decided upon by various applications.  I only now
> concentrate on getting things to work the way I want them to work.

i agree with you as to confusion of "how/where". anft! ;)

mozilla has their own hiding places also. what i do know from past experience
is that if you have an email client other than thunderbird, when i installed
and then open thunderbird, i was prompted to set thunderbird as default email
client.

this maybe just for relating to firefox, maybe not. i do know that when i
replied 'yes', firefox opens thunderbird for email client.

i have never tried to open thunderbird from konqueror, so i can not say
how they relate.

i have icons for firefox and thunderbird in 'Quicklauncher' section of
KDE panel bar.

hth.

btw, thunderbird has 'line wrap' settings. from 'menu bar', select;

  Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General > Config Editor

in "about:config" window, set "Filter:" = wrap

you will then see at least 5 settings for 'wrap';  [my settings are]

  editor.htmlWrapColumn                   user set  Integer  78
  mailnews.wraplength                     user set  Integer  78
  view_source.wrap_long_lines             user set  boolean  true
  extensions.enigmail.wrapHtmlBeforeSend  default   boolean  true
  mail.compose.wrap_to_window_width       default   boolean  false
  mail.wrap_long_lines                    default   boolean  true

*note* i use enigmail, therefore above enigmail setting.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.