How to disable NMI watchdog?

Subhas Sing subhas_sing at live.com
Tue Jan 8 18:58:51 UTC 2013

Thanks Reindl and Kernel. These information will help.

Thanks,
Subhas

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 01:39:50 +0100
Subject: Re: How to disable NMI watchdog?
From: kernelgardian at gmail.com
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org

As Reindl wrote for virtualzation is better to use some bare-metal system. Beside VMWare there are other virtualization solutions: KVM with VirtualManager or Ovirt, Xen/Citrix, Openstack, VirtualBox, Choosing the right solution depends on your needs. My opinion and experience says that the use only one server in a production environment can be very risky business. A few moths ago I was put in production environment one Ovirt 3.1 instalation over F17. (2 nodes for Virtualzation with 10+ virtual machines, mixed Linux and Windows, with live migration )

For now, I am very pleased with Ovirt as a virtualization solution. Ovirt can be installed on Centos 6.x also, with some hardware HCL problems, depending on hardware you are using.Also i was build up HA ISCSI storage over Centos/F17 over 1Gbps dedicated network. So far I am satisfied with the performance of the system. ( I hope that management will soon provide some money for 10Gbps network.:) )