Fedora hangs driving me nuts, in Windows it works without problems!

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:07:21 UTC 2013

Switching off the acceleration or switching to SNA would be the first
> try. Create a file named "20-intel.conf" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
> containing
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier "Card0"
>    Driver "intel"
>    Option "AccelMethod" "SNA"
> EndSection
>
> to choose SNA or
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier "Card0"
>    Driver "intel"
>    Option "NoAccel" "True"
>   EndSection
>
> to switch off acceleration completely. Restart your graphical
> environment afterwards.
>
> You may want to boot with "i915.i915_enable_rc6=0", too.

I was already completely bypassing intel driver by using fdbev module with
this section in xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Driver      "fbdev"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

And it still froze my system. Is there other reason why resting with intel
driver and no acceleration could troubleshoot this issue further or my
usage of fbdev module has already rulled out intel driver issue?

With fbdev module my system froze also after few days....