repo problems with 18

FMcCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 9 21:10:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:51:03 +0000
g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On 01/09/2013 05:38 PM, FMcCormick wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I am relatively new to Fedora and to YUM...so I guess that's why I am having
> > these problems
>
> welcome to a whole new world.

  Thanks....sure is different :)

> > I noticed recently that 18 wasn't updating very often..there was little
> > being updated so I went through the repository list in /etc/yum.repos.d and
> > enabled some rawhide repositories that were disabled.
>
> rawhide is cause of your problems.
>
> > Now when I yum check-update and yum update...I get a bunch of dependency
> > errors because yum is trying to pull in fedora 19 files ??
> > I sort it out by running yum --skip-broken update....but I'd like to fix
> > what I messed up .
>
> very easy. remove rawhide repos.

   Done....BUT I dunno whether I am going to reinstall right now...I have done
a lot of customization....we'll see how it goes and whether and how much it's
messed up :)

> because you are new to linux and fedora, i would suggest a complete
> wipe of hdd and fresh new install of f18.

   Now new to Linux (8 years) but definitely new to Fedora (17 & 18)....takes
some getting used to.

> much luck.

   Thanks...I may need it.

--