Addressing convention -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 9 23:25:57 UTC 2013

On 09/01/13 18:09, g wrote:
> On 01/09/2013 10:19 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>> On 09/01/13 12:54, g wrote:
> <>
>
>> I was trying to block ranges of URL's in the router
> did you read page of links is sent? file '/etc/host' should get you
> started with what you want.
>
> also, to record what is happening, have you considered "wireshark"?
>

>>>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29
>>>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nsswitch.conf
>>>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_service
> if you did not read above links, you should. why do you think i got
> thru time and trouble to send them?  (GBWG)

    I did not read them yet because I responded to you immediately upon
    receiving your message which Thunderbird had filtered into JUNK! I
    just happened to catch it and thought it needed response right away.
    And I was not sure you understood my problem, what I do with
    /etc/hosts here will have no effect on the path from the modem to
    the Apple computer via the LAN.

    I will read them though, I promise.

    I also have an old Linksys hub somewhere that I figured I would use
    to feed wireshark as soon as I can get to that in between other
    interruptions.

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7