Install fails with Xorg segfault on fc17

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jan 10 04:36:33 UTC 2013

Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> What are my options right now? I know I could probably go back to fc16
>>> or wait until fc18 and hope it's fixed, or buy another video card, but
>>> I'd like to see if there's something I'm missing that I can do right
>>> now. Text mode isn't an option for me, because I need better control
>>> over the disk formatting options.
>>>
>> See the "Live USB" thread I started about the same time as this, same issue
>> I'm 99+% sure. If you haven't tried the "Basic graphics" install, you might
>
> Is this something I need to do at grub time? I'm not in front of it
> now, but I only recall there being an install and recovery options
> during boot. Unless a special Fn key combination or special grub
> config is used?

Indeed, arrow down to the basic install line and hit ENTER. SHould be the 2nd or
3rd down, I'm not in front of it either now. But that option is in 17, I don't
recall it being in 16 (might be my memory).

If you need or want to try something else, hit TAB and edit the grub line before
boot.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>