Important for FUDCon: Airport pickup, RasPi hangout, and games

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Jan 10 22:28:44 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 05:12 PM, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> -------------------------------------
> RASPBERRY PI MEETUP
> -------------------------------------
>
> Thursday evening at 8 p.m., there is a global Raspberry Pi meetup over
> Google Hangout. MAKE is the host and guests are Matt Richardson and
> Shawn Wallace, authors of Getting Started with Raspberry Pi. All meetup
> attendees will receive a free PDF download of MAKE Magazine Volume 33.
> The guests will talk about the projects featured in that issue and
> discuss everything Pi. There's a live chat where you can ask them
> questions as well as share your own projects.
>
> We'd like to gather to join the Hangout and then hang out amongst
> ourselves talking Pi. Please add your name here if you'd like to join us
> so that we're sure to have enough room:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Lawrence_2013#Agenda

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for mentioning this. Alas, I will not arrive in time to attend,
but others in the Fedora ARM community will probably be able to
participate. Raspberry Pi is not an officially supported target[0], but
it is covered by a popular Remix that the team at Seneca are working on.
I believe they arrive on the Thursday afternoon, so can probably attend.
I do intend to bring a model B Raspi with me though :)

Jon.

[0] users@ folks wondering why: there is no upstream kernel yet, so it
is not within Fedora remit to provide support for this target.