fedora on Android phones?

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Fri Jan 11 17:10:43 UTC 2013

> What would be the point? For now, it seems a lot wiser to focus resources
> on the standard release of Fedora. If Ubuntu Mobile gets any significant
> following, I think it is better to let that carry the flag.

Perhaps it's a question of mission: de facto Fedora is a
community-oriented proving environment: as software packages acquire
increasing stability, they are incorporated into the RHEL and CentOS
offerings. Ubuntu's mission seems to be a viable Desktop/Notebook/Netbook
alternative to Windows and Macs.

Furthermore, RHEL and CentOS are standard-bearing quality offerings to
those running production servers. Desktop presence for RHEL and CentOS is
not as critical in priority.

The challenge, however, is where does an individual's master data (that
whole gaggle of PIM, plus media, plus project-related stuff -- code,
notes, writing, etc) reside: on a desktop/home LAN; in the cloud; or
somewhere else?

With the rise of tablets and (increasingly) smartphones, master data
centrality blurs, and consequently, the capacity of the OS and its various
applications/utilities require that they be able to be hosted on a broader
range of machinery (not just desktops and servers, but also tablets and
smartphones). Or at least, the data has to be able to be sync'd across
this machinery.

That's the sort of opinion that is sparked in me given this discussion.

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Are there any plans for Fedora to follow Ubuntu
>> in developing an alternative OS for Android phones?
>>

>> --

[...]

> --
> Best,