Fedora 18: Install with LVM on RAID 1

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jan 12 13:12:06 UTC 2013

Am 12.01.2013 05:32, schrieb Ian Pilcher:
> On 01/11/2013 09:27 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> In the case of F18, they have chosen to move forward with a install
>> process which *takes away* functionality.  Once should not have to
>> revert to figuring out Kickstart to get a disk configuration you
>> desire when that option existed in the previous release.
>
> There's no need to use kickstart.  Just use a live CD or the alt+F2
> shell to create the storage configuration you want.  Then start the
> installation.
>
> Even when it supports the functionality you want, the new anaconda UI
> is never going to be *optimized* for the "hardware-up" way of thinking
> that works best for more complex setups, where you want fine-grained
> control of what goes where; it is very specifically targeting simpler
> workflows.

in other words: we will never see a really useable anaconda

even the one from F17 is a bad joke because it ALWAYS orders
partitions itself instead create them in exactly the order
you enter them - WHAT are developers thinking by implement such
jokes?

it is hardly understandable that it is not possible have
/boot, / and /data on 4 disks in exactly this order, no
you got the opposite because it gets ordered by partition size

WTF - boot is usally the smallest and it was always a good
idea to have boot as first partition, but hey why should
a developer recall his decisions and test something