repo problems with 18

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 13 03:47:32 UTC 2013

On 01/13/2013 02:34 AM, Frank McCormick wrote:
<>

> I never did pin down the exact cause but decided
> after spending a few hours working on it to just reinstall 18.

now that sounds familiar. :)

it used to be a difficult decision for me to make. after a few years,
i have found that if i can not get a new install working within an hour
of installation from disk, then i 'byte the bullet' and reinstall.

> The most painful part was updating 18 as the install
> disk was from last fall !!

actually, finding f18 on fedora site would be more painful. you can
find the 'fedora-18-alpha' and 'fedora-18-beta' very easy, but
'fedora-18' takes a little bit of brain work to get because it is
not linked. at least not that i have found.

> BTW I usually google errors before posting to a list.

you had not mentioned, so i was not aware. pfm.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.