[OT] posting and receiving post

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:59:58 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-13 at 08:44 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:03:01 +0000
> g wrote:
>
> > why is it that when posting to this tsl i will sometimes receive my
> > via my subscription and sometimes i do not?
>
> I don't know if any other mail services operate the same as
> gmail, but with gmail the only way I can see my own messages
> on the list is to post with one gmail address (which I tell
> the mailing list to not send mail to) and read with a
> different address. Gmail apparently thinks that if I sent
> it, I can't need a copy back to verify it got through :-(.

Gmail is slightly weird in several respects, since it's basically a
front-end to a database. In fact you may notice that off-list replies to
a poster are sorted as part of the same conversation as the list
replies. This is actually useful IMHO but it's not conventional.

In any case, the OP doesn't appear to be using Gmail so the question is
moot.

poc