Appointments & tasks

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:27:07 UTC 2013

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:29:28 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> > Yes, you're using "fallback-mode" of GNOME 3, not the GNOME Shell.
> > The applet differs when using GNOME Shell.
> >
> Yes, you are absolutely right.
> How can I get the same behavior in the fallback-mode?
> Do I need to install additional packages?

Dunno. I'm sceptical. If I were you, I would abandon the fallback-mode,
and if you don't find a simple graphics chipset where the Shell works,
I suggest evaluating one of the other desktop environments instead.

IMHO, the fallback-mode has been a poor invention (not only because it
doesn't return GNOME 2 anyway). Same applies to a GNOME Shell with
hundreds of optional extensions, which try to modify almost everything,
making it a support nightmare.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.7.1-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.04 0.09 0.12