[OT] posting and receiving post

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 14 18:34:20 UTC 2013

On 01/14/2013 08:06 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 13 January 2013 20:12, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/13/2013 01:59 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> <>
>>
>>> Gmail is slightly weird in several respects, since it's basically a
>>
>> that it is and why i do not use my gmail accounts for regular posting
>> to this tsl.
>>

>>> In any case, the OP doesn't appear to be using Gmail so the question is
>>> moot.
>>
>> i did not see a solution to my question, so the post is moot.
>

> You seem to be working under a misapprehension.

i have no 'misapprehension' of what this email list is for.

> This is the 'fedora-users list',

so i noted when i first joined this list.

> it is a good place to get technical support, but it is not a 'tsl' as
> you've decided to call it,

it might be more proper to refer to this list as a 'usl' as it is a
'user support list'.

i happen to consider most of the post i have seen in this list of a
technical type of relationship to operations of fedora, rather than,
specifically for, admin, announce, documentation, electronic lab, games,
spins, remix, package, kernel, kde, legal, mobility, ppc, spins, test,
virt, xen, sig, selinux, security.

> other posters are not actually required to limit their emails to it
> solely to solutions to your particular problem.

never said that they were.

> As to which, I see other people have already suggested the 'avoid
> duplicate messages' option in the subscription settings.

as already stated in another post, i do not have said feature enabled.

> If that hasn't solved it then it may be informative to look in you
> sent folder and compare headers of emails which did and did not get
> copied to you.

that is not how i have thunderbird setup, nor do i desire to set it up
in that way.

all of this is moot and really has nothing to do with problem that i
posted.

so, i am now of belief that you have a misapprehension in thinking that
your post is a proper post and that it will help solve what i specified
in my first post.

in other words, if you can not help, please do not bother me.

in short, read t. c. hollingsworth's post and my reply.

even shorter - KAFBA.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,