The latest victim of systemd's PrivateTmp…

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:48:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:38:41 -0500
Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 11 Apr 19  2011 /var/www -> ../home/www
>
> But if this caused some unfathomable problem with systemd's PrivateTmp, I'd
> expect apache to barf, instead of systemd whining.

I did find something that objected to symlinks for some obscure
security reason once, I also move (part of) /var/www, but I do it with
a "bind" mount in my fstab:

/zooty/web-content/html /var/www/html       none    rw,bind          0 0

I don't remember now exactly what the symlink problem was, but
using the bind mount got rid of it.