F-18/64 Install Methods -

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jan 15 17:08:20 UTC 2013

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Preupgrade has been deprecated for F18. Use Fedup
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp). As always, it's a good idea to
> read the Release Notes
> (http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Sysadmin.html)

Typical Fedora, just when preupdate was finally working well, a whole new thing
to debug by using in production. Good choice of names, though, describes my
feeling perfectly. ;-)

After using every release from four on, 17 still looks like the sweet spot
between functionality and stability, hope this one is in the ballpark.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>